High-Fidelity Hearing Protection BrochureDownload
Noise Exposure: Explanation of
OSHA and NIOSH Safe‑Exposure Limits and the Importance
of Noise DosimetryDownload
Safe-in-Sound Award for Innovation
in Hearing Loss Prevention
Awarded by NIOSH and the National
Hearing Conservation Association
New Quantity Pricing
1 or 2 = $12.95 each
3 or 4 = $11.65 each
5 to 9 = $10.75 each
10 or more = $10.00 each
Any combination of ETY•Plugs Earplugs.
Automatically applied in the cart.
ETY•Plugs are sold in pairs.
Pricing is for each pair.
ETY•Plugs® are the world’s highest fidelity non-custom earplugs. They reduce most noise to safe levels while preserving the clarity of speech and the richness of music. ETY•Plugs are configured to replicate the natural response of the ear canal so that when sound enters the earplug, it is reproduced unchanged, exactly the same as the ear would hear it, only quieter.
- Reduces sound levels evenly so that music and speech are clear and natural, not muffled as with other earplugs
- Reduces risk of hearing damage for many noisy occupations as well as noisy venues, such as airshows, parades, athletic events and motor sports
- Enhances the music experience for audiences while protecting hearing
- Lets musicians hear their own instrument and their blend with others
- Low cost
- Available in 2 sizes (same sound reduction) - standard and large*
- Reduces sound approximately 20 dB at all frequencies
* All ears are different. It is impossible to predict the size of an ear canal by the appearance of the outer ear, or by a person’s physical size, age or gender. Two sizes of ETY•Plugs fit almost 100% of ear canals. Recent studies of both fit and seal, conducted at Etymotic Research and an independent lab, showed that the smaller of the two sizes fits the majority of ears and is now designated as standard fit.
- Regular use of these high-fidelity earplugs while practicing, performing and listening to music will protect hearing from the cumulative effects of overexposure to loud sound throughout life.
- A little time may be required to acclimate to these earplugs. Many musicians report that they hear their own instruments better, as well as the balance with those around them.
- ETY•Plugs are reusable, but with repeated use, the eartips may lose elasticity. For best performance and retention, if you use your ETY•Plugs constantly, consider replacing them every 3-6 months.