Selecting an Eartip
The eartip that is most comfortable is the likely choice, but it MUST SEAL well in your ear. If you can easily hear others when the volume is off, you don’t have a good seal. Twist it in deeper, or choose another eartip.
When changing eartips make sure the eartip fits securely on the stem of the earphone.
Sound quality, full bass response and noise isolation all depend on a good eartip seal in the ear canal. View Earphone Insertion Video
- Carefully insert the earphone while pulling up and out on the back of the ear.
- Twist the earphone up into the ear canal while inserting, until outside noise is blocked out.
- 3-flange eartip: Moistening eases insertion.
- Foam eartip: Roll down or compress foam eartip before inserting. Hold the eartip in place for about 5 seconds while the foam expands to create a tight seal in the ear canal.
- Glider eartip: Simply push into ear canal.
Remove earphones slowly
with a twisting motion to gradually break the seal. Do not pull on the cable to remove the earphones.
Listening to Music*
While listening to music:
- Press the END/SEND button once to Pause music.
- Press the END/SEND button again to resume music.
While listening to music:
- Press the END/SEND button twice rapidly to track forward.
- Press the END/SEND button three times rapidly to track back.
Answering a Call
Music automatically mutes and pauses for an incoming call.
To answer a call while listening to music:
- Press the END/SEND button to answer the call.
Disconnecting a Call
- Press the END/SEND button to disconnect the call.
- Music automatically resumes.
*Additional functionality of the center button varies among Apple devices.
- Do not expose the earphones to extreme temperatures.
- Avoid dropping and strong impact.
- Leave eartips on the earphones for shock protection.
- Do not pull on the cord to remove the earphone from the audio device or the ear.
- Clean or replace eartips prior to use by others.
Cleaning and Replacing Eartips
Over time eartips may lose their elasticity. For best performance and retention, replace 3-flange eartips every 3-6 months.
Replace foam and glider eartips regularly.
To clean the 3-flange eartips:
- Remove the eartip from the earphone.
- Clean with water and mild soap.
- Dry the eartip before placing it back on the earphone.
About the Filters
mc3 headset + earphones have special filters that smooth the frequency response and prevent earwax from entering the earphones. A filter is located at the end of the earphone and is visible when the eartip is removed. If a filter becomes clogged, it should be replaced. A dirty filter will reduce earphone output. A filter should be changed if the loudness decreases or the sound quality declines.
Filters are not reusable.
Note: Use the tool to remove the filter.
|1. Remove eartip.
||2. Insert tool into the filter.
||3. Remove filter and discard.
Note: Do not use the tool to replace the filter.
|4. Insert a new filter and press
gently against a hard surface
to secure it in place.
|5. Re-attach eartip.
mc3 headset + earphones can be worn with the cables in front or in back of the
head. The cable slider can be adjusted by moving it up or down for a snug fit.