ER•6i Instructions For Use
To experience the accurate sound reproduction of the 6is,
it is important to fit your earphones properly into your ears.
- For optimal performance and the best bass response,
the eartips must seal in your ear canals.
- If the eartips supplied with your 6i earphones do not fit your ears
comfortably or seal properly, optional eartips are available.
- If one or both earphones stop working or have reduced volume,
change the earphone filter. See Changing Filters
for detailed instructions.
In addition to flanged eartips, ETYMOTIC Isolator earphones are supplied with disposable foam eartips. Both types provide excellent sound reproduction when properly inserted. If the earphones seem to lack bass, insert the earplug deeper into the ear canal to obtain a better seal, or try the foam eartip option.
These reusable eartips should be cleaned regularly.
Cleaning the flanged eartips:
- Carefully remove the eartip from the earphone.
- Use water and mild soap to remove dirt and earwax.
- Rinse and completely dry the eartip.
With a slight twisting motion, push the eartip on the stem until it fits securely.
- Foam eartips compress to form a tight seal that holds the earphones firmly in place.
- The eartips at the end of the earphones can be replaced by sliding them off and on.
A combination of twisting and pulling is recommended for eartip removal.
Insertion and Removal of Eartips
View Earphone Insertion Video
- "R" on the earphone indicates right ear; "L" indicates left.
- Carefully insert one earphone at a time, pulling up and out on the back of the ear. The earphone should seal deeply and comfortably in the ear canal. For best bass response, earphones must be well sealed in the ear canals.
When removing earphones, use a slow twisting motion to break the seal.
Helpful Insertion Tips:
- Moisten flanged eartip before insertion.
- Roll foam eartip between your finger and thumb, place in ear canal and hold for 5 seconds.
- Open your jaw while inserting the earphone.
Use a twisting motion as you slide eartip in your ear.
General Care for Your Earphones
- Do not expose earphones to extreme temperatures.
- Avoid dropping or strong impact.
- Keep earphones away from water and dust.
Do not pull on the cord to remove plug from the jack.
- Never wear earphones while operating a motorized vehicle. It may create a hazard and is illegal in many areas.
- Use caution when wearing earphones while walking, jogging, cycling, etc.
Avoid using earphones at high volume levels. Prolonged and extensive exposure to high sound levels may impair hearing.